× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Netgear WN802T to a Technicolor TG582n network, but can't access admin on the Netgear

Hannahv
Aspirant

Connecting Netgear WN802T to a Technicolor TG582n network, but can't access admin on the Netgear

I live in an old stone farmhouse with very thick walls, and also have a small bunkhouse & glamping site.

I have an existing wifi network using the router supplied by my broadband company (a Technicolor TG582n), which has been named and password protected. We use a couple of TP link powerline extenders (AV500 WiFi Powerline Extender Model No. TL-WPA4220) as the wifi doesn't reach other rooms even in the house. They are all cloned to the main network, so have the same name and password.

We've recently made a barn watertight & are starting to use it as a reception for guests. The wifi doesn't reach, and I've got a lan cable running out to it from the house, which all works fine.

But I've dug out an old WN802T that we've had for a while but never used, as I'd like to be able to connect several devices in the barn, and not least, extend the wifi to a static caravan next to the barn that my dear old Mum lives in. She can *just about connect to the main wifi, but it's pretty flaky & requires the main router to be dangled in front of a window pointing in her direction.

The WN802T connects and does the job, but I can't access the admin/config for it, so it's just listed as "Netgear" when choosing a network. It also doesn't have any passwords, which I would prefer.

I have tried all the usual IP addresses (including the default for the WN802T, which is 192.168.0.233), and can access my main router's admin panel, and the one for the Powerline, but I can't for the life of me find the IP address for the Netgear. I have pressed the factory reset, but still no joy. I suspect that my router is assigning a dynamic IP address, but can't see it listed in the devices. I have tried the IP addresses of all the devices listed, with no joy. 

Ideally, I'd like to have two networks running, so I can give guests access to one and keep the other for our own use, though that might be a step too far for me - I'm reasonably au fait with some technical stuff as I'm a business analyst, but far from being an expert, particularly in home networks. Accessing the admin panel would be a start!

Password is important, as we've had someone freeloading off our wifi before (strange car parked across the road for hours, and not known in the tiny hamlet) and would like to avoid having an open network.

Message 1 of 2
Hannahv
Aspirant

Re: Connecting Netgear WN802T to a Technicolor TG582n network, but can't access admin on the Netgear

Update: I *think the IP address may be 192.168.1.94, but the Extender is refusing the connection (other IP addresses have a 'no response' error message). Any other suggestions on how to access the admin panel?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7