× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting but no access...

brokey
Aspirant

Connecting but no access...

If the title makes any sense :confused:

Anyway, I have been successful in setting up the WNCE2001. The unit is obtaining an IP Address (have set it to static also to see if that helps) and the image shows that it is connected to the local network as well as the Internet. All three lights are solid.
But on my Samsung BD550 blu ray player no icon for the Internet shows.

Does anyone else have this model Blu Ray or similar?

Does anyone have any idea as to the problem as to why I cant get access?

Any help appreciated.

cheers

col
Message 1 of 8
brokey
Aspirant

Re: Connecting but no access...

Oops...my bad, the make is LG and not Samsung...apologies for any confusion 😮

cheers

col
Message 2 of 8
brokey
Aspirant

As I am unable to edit the post I will add some more info here...
I am able to check for firmware updates wirelessly...but the update doesnt download for some reason...

Would welcome any pointers...

cheers

col
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

setup static IP on player side.

use ISP DNS and try, if still the same, use GATEWAY IP listed under the router interface and fetch from the WAN/internet port information and use that for gateway in player side
Message 4 of 8
brokey
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
setup static IP on player side.

use ISP DNS and try, if still the same, use GATEWAY IP listed under the router interface and fetch from the WAN/internet port information and use that for gateway in player side

Thanks for the reply...will try the steps you have outlined above as soon as I get access to the password for the router (shared house and the password is kept somewhere unknown to those that are here at the moment) :mad:

cheers

col
Message 5 of 8
brokey
Aspirant

Heres an update that may mean something...played a DVD on the BD550 this afternoon and before shutting it down I thought I would check the Internet connection. As per usual it reported that the connection was up. I then went into the software update area and tried the update and it worked. It downloaded and installed the update.
My question is if it is able to download the update then why cant I access anywhere else?
BTW I will be trying the steps outlined above as soon as the person with the password to gain access to the routers settings makes an appearance...

cheers

col
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

that is hard to say. if updates works I would think rest should work.
Message 7 of 8
brokey
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
that is hard to say. if updates works I would think rest should work.

Have sent a message to LG in the (remote) hope that they may be able to shed some light on what is going on...in the meantime I will try the above suggestions you made...

cheers

col
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7