× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting my Win 10 PC to Android Devices

MrMiint
Follower

Connecting my Win 10 PC to Android Devices

Hello All

Wonder if anyone has had this problem before.

I am a keen SIm Racing Gamer and have a Client/Server application that sends data (Simhub) to provide a racing dashboard. This involves having an agent on the PC that connects via port 8888 and 8889.  I try connect to the Android device (Android 11) to the PC to no  avail.  Teh PC is connected to the Router wirelessly (as I'm not near it) and when I ping the android IP, I get timeouts and on the rare occasion a response that takes over 2000ms.

So the connection issue is not the app but the ability to connect from my PC to the phone, through the MK62 system.  This worked flawlessly on my ISPs router but it falls short of features and coverage, hence I bought this one!

What I have discovered is the following:

1.  I have a powerline adapter in a new build.  If I connect the PC where this is now " hardwired", I have connectivity but powerlines are a little "flakey" and I want to take advantage of the 200Mb/s throughput.

2.  I have discovered that if I turn off the satalite, this also resolves the problem with connectivity and can ping gloriously!  However as my PC is not near the router the performance and latency drops.  not only this, but I have other devices that needs this level of coverage.

I then thought of trying to force my PC to connect to the satalite as thought there maybe some issues of the PC tryin to contend with the satalite and the router but cannot see this option available.

I have also turned off cycling MAC addresses on the phon and still have the issue.

Anybody else encountered this?  The Router and Satalite is on the latest firmware, I've turned off any firewalls and now.. at a loss.  Can anyone help?  I gave up with Netgear Support as the initial thoughts were around the app - which I now know is a bigger issue but since then, my support has expired.

would love some ideas on how to resolve.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7