× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting to Roku

jdamico25
Follower

Connecting to Roku

I am trying to connect to the Roku, streaming services provider, and the wifi extender is providing a strong connection, but it is only providing a wireless connection and not an internet connection. 

Is it supposed to be providing an internet connection, or is that something I have to do with my internet provider?

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Connecting to Roku

@jdamico25 wrote:

I am trying to connect to the Roku, streaming services provider, and the wifi extender is providing a strong connection, but it is only providing a wireless connection and not an internet connection. 

I am not sure I really understand your question.

The extender relays traffic from your client devices to your router.  So you wouldn't use it to connect to your Roku.

I suggest connecting a PC, phone or tablet to the extender's wifi network, and then browsing to www.mywifiext.net.  That should connect you to the extender's web ui.  The status there will let you know if the extender is connected to your router (or not).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7