× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection Issues

jesus_wept
Follower

Connection Issues

Hello. I just bought a WN3000RP range extender but I'm having problems connecting my phone and tablet to it. I've managed to pair the extender with my wireless router as per the usuer manual and the 'Link Rate' light is showing green.

My phone and tablet now have a new network available. It's the same as my main network but with _EXT at the end.

When I try to connect to the extender network it asks me for a password. The instructions suggest that I should add the same password (or network key) that I use for the primary router.

I've tried this many times and am sure that it's in the correct case and spelled correctly but it will not connect me to the new extender. I've connected lots of devices previously to my primary router using this same network key without any problems.

Incidentally - the new extender is showing full wifi bars on my 'available network' screen to the range is there - I just can't connect to it.

Any ideas before I smash it up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer..
Message 1 of 2
storm_2003
Novice

Re: Connection Issues

I suggest you access the management page of the extender and try to check the status. You can post screenshots here.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7