× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection

Berg
Aspirant

Connection

Almost every single day, I run into at least one of these issues.

1) I have all 5 bars for my EXT network, but I cannot connect to the internet. I have to turn my extender on and off and redo the whole process on mywifiext.net. I tried pressing the reboost button on the bottom this morning and it did nothing.

2) When I'm in the process of finding the network I want to boost, at the very end it doesn't allow me to do so - I get a message saying this network is no longer available, even when I can still see the network on my list of wifi connections.

I would like to be able to open up my computer whenever I want and be automatically connected to the internet. How can I fix these problems? They are a huge pain!!
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Connection

Make sure to use WPA2 on main wireless router and connect with WPA2 with extender
Message 2 of 5
Berg
Aspirant

I don't understand what WPA2 means - where would I connect with this on the router/extender? Does the extender prompt you to choose this setting?
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Wireless encryption..
Message 4 of 5
Berg
Aspirant

I am still having this problem.

When I put in the password for the connection I want, it says:

WPA2-PSK[AES]

I didn't fully understand what needed to be done to the router/modem in order for this to work.

I tried connecting to another network and I was able to do so, but I need another specific network and I keep having the same problem I posted earlier (it won't let me complete the very final step.)

Thanks,
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7