× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connectivity to Wi-Fi cams drop if not used for an amount of time

wwldman
Follower

Connectivity to Wi-Fi cams drop if not used for an amount of time

I installed the Nighthawk AC200 WiFi extender. I connected my Ring camera and Samsung cameras to them with no problem. But after a length of time the router doesn’t stay connected until I go to my phone and try to connect to it then the green light on the right cuts back on and then the camera connects back to it. I bought another extender. (same model) and the same thing. It works great as long as it stays connected but when not being used it loses connectivity until I use my phone and connect to it that then cuts it back on. I hope this makes sense. Having the Wi-Fi cams won’t be useful if I can’t do a live view when I want to. Or open the view when I get motion alerts. If I’m not home I don’t have the ability to use my phone and find the extender and connect to it. Because when I do that it’s like the extender comes out of hibernation and let’s me use the camera app to do a live view. I’m having the issue with the Ring cameras and my Samsung ones. It is the extender. I’m not sure why after a while of inactivity the extender. cuts the WiFi off until you reconnect to it using a device.
Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band Wall Plug WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Connectivity to Wi-Fi cams drop if not used for an amount of time

This is a duplicate post, so I am locking it.  Please reply here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/Nighthawk-ac2200-Wi-Fi-cams-connecti...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7