× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6300 with EX6200 Extender Stuck on 54Mbps?

SermoreBeer
Initiate

D6300 with EX6200 Extender Stuck on 54Mbps?

Using Fast Lane on 5Ghz:

1. Router (D6300) to Extender (Ex6200) on 5Ghz
  2. Extender to devices on 2.4Ghz.
  3. Router 5Ghz  on WPA2-PSK AES
  4. Router 2.4Ghz on WPA2-PSK AES

However, the status screen on Ex6200:

• Signal strength 54 Mbps
  • The setup wizard indicates the signal strength is at 45 percent

On the latest firmware on both devices. The issues came about when one day the extender just dropped out of the network I has to perform a complete reset. Previously on fast lane I was able to stream 1080 video content via the Ethernet port from the extender to my WD Live without much issues. The came content I played before this issues was ok, no drop frames. Checked there isn't much wi-fi interference using wi-fi analyzer. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: D6300 with EX6200 Extender Stuck on 54Mbps?

On the D6300, go to ADVANCED > Setup > QoS Setup and make sure that WMM is enabled. It is mandatory for all high-speed Wi-Fi modes.

On the EX6200, go to Setting > Wireless and make sure that Wireless mode is not set to Up to 54 Mbps for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.

You may also try experimenting with changing the Wi-Fi channels. The ones you are currently using could be congested or disrupted by too much radio interference.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

On the D6300, go to ADVANCED > Setup > QoS Setup and make sure that WMM is enabled. It is mandatory for all high-speed Wi-Fi modes.

On the EX6200, go to Setting > Wireless and make sure that Wireless mode is not set to Up to 54 Mbps for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.

You may also try experimenting with changing the Wi-Fi channels. The ones you are currently using could be congested or disrupted by too much radio interference.

Message 2 of 3
SermoreBeer
Initiate

Thanks to TheEther. It is the QoS where WMM was not checked on the D6300. My bad as I didn't check the settings there. I previously has lots of issues with my ADSL line drop out, in the process of eliminating what is causing the issues, I unchecked just about everything on the D6300 and ran it at minimal config. So, there you go, I fogot to turn it back on when the line issues was resolved. The extender is now reporting the connection speed between it and the D6300 is on 780Mpbs. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7