× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN3500 & Vista - No Internet Connection

cubenz
Tutor

DGN3500 & Vista - No Internet Connection

I have a Vista Home Premium PC with a Broadcom wifi card in it trying to connect to a DGN3500.

All other devices in the house can (generally) connect - this includes laptops, ipad, iphon, ipod, printer, Mac & Wii! - it is only the Vista machine that has a problem, so it is likely a Vista problem.

I have tried re-setting the TCP/IP stack using the instructions here, and have updated the driver to one available here, which was newer that the one that was running.

When I try and connect Windows either says that no networks are available or the network is available with 4/5 bars of signal. If it is available and I connect it says 'successfully' connected, but the PC is not given an IP address and does not appear on the 'Connected Devices' list, so I doubt the vercity of the Connected claim.

Occasionally it will connect for a short time (long enough for me to go Hurrah! and enter a celebratory search in Google), but not long enough for my patient son to play minecraft with his mates!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGN3500 & Vista - No Internet Connection

Do you test with mix combination wireless mode and encryption?
Message 2 of 6
cubenz
Tutor

jmizoguchi wrote:
Do you test with mix combination wireless mode and encryption?

I'm not sure I know what that means.

Encryption is WPA-Personal with AES encryption - are you suggesting I try something else?
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

That encrytion only. Adjust wireless mode as well
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

DGN is not access point device. It is wireless N router

belongs to http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Message 5 of 6
cubenz
Tutor

Happy for the thread to be moved to the correct forum where best help is available.

Wireless mode is set to Up To 150Mbps - options are b&g, g only, Up to 150M and Up to 300M.

Which will give the most reliable service?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7