× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN3700 - does it need to be connected to a PC once it has been set up?

VICKIKB
Novice

DGN3700 - does it need to be connected to a PC once it has been set up?

Good morning,

I have a DGN3700, currently connected to my PC and ADSL broadband. It all works well, and other users in the home access the internet wirelessly without any trouble.

I know that I needed to have the PC and the DGN3700 physically connected to setup the arrangement initially; however my question now is:

Now that the whole system works well, can I uncable my PC from the DGN3700 and access it wirelessly using this computer from another room? In other words, can the DGN3700 do its job now without being physically connected to a computer?

Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGN3700 - does it need to be connected to a PC once it has been set up?

Yes....................
Message 2 of 6
VICKIKB
Novice

Thank you. I thought so, but hoped not. Is there a modem/router available which doesn't need to be permanently connected physically to at least one computer?
Message 3 of 6
VICKIKB
Novice

Thank you again for the links you provided, which I have now read, so I think they answer my query of a minute ago about any modem/router which can be used remotely.

Vicki
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

VICKIKB wrote:
Thank you. I thought so, but hoped not. Is there a modem/router available which doesn't need to be permanently connected physically to at least one computer?

???

You do NOT need to have ANY pc wired to the router once it is setup and working.

You will need to use pc wired to the router to configure such as when you are changing wireless settings
Message 5 of 6
Daedalus01
Aspirant

VICKIKB wrote:
Good morning,
In other words, can the DGN3700 do its job now without being physically connected to a computer?

Thank you.

He was saying Yes to this question.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7