× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DST Adapter 6501 DST LED won't come on

dbrown8437
Aspirant

DST Adapter 6501 DST LED won't come on

I have a AC1900 Model R7300 DST router that is able to connect to the internet just fine. However the DST 6501 adapter is having an issue connecting. When it first powers on, the Power, DST, and Wifi LEDs all come on, but after about 5 seconds, the DST LED will shut off. I've attempted pressing the sync button on the router and adapter to make it connect through WPS, but it's a no-go. If I try to connect a device to the adapter it will usually say that it cannot obtain an IP address. Lastly, both the adapter and the router are plugged directly into a wall socket, but there is extention cords in the sockets beneath them (if that makes any difference). What should I do?

BTW the endgame behind all of this is to connect the adapter to my PS4 and Nintendo Switch using an ethernet cable for lagless online gameplay.

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: DST Adapter 6501 DST LED won't come on

Hello dbrown8437, 

Welcome to the community! You may need to perform a factory reset on the Adapter and run through the setup again. For further assistance, please contact Best Buy's Geek Squad. You may refer to page 47 of the user manual linked below for more info. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DST6501/DST6501_UM_06Oct2015.pdf

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
danithom
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue after attempting to update the firmware on the adapter, but the proposed resolution doesn't resolve it.  I had first updated the firmware on the R7300 router and it continues to work fine.  When I started the firmware update on the DST6501 adapter, it failed and now the adapter's DST LED won't alluminate at all.  Logging into the router currently shows that the adapter is on firmware version V0.3.0.7NA and the status shows "No remote DST adapters found".  I tried the factory reset to no avail. 

Any ideas?

Model: R7300DST|AC1900 DST Router and DST Adapter
Message 3 of 5
dbrown8437
Aspirant

Honestly I just ended up buying another one. I gave up on the original.
Message 4 of 5
bluesman1979
Aspirant

I'm having the same issues with my dst adapter. I've updated all firmware and done a factory reset on the adaptor. Also tried various other methods to try to connect the adaptor to the router which none seem to be working. 

One issue I see right now, is that when I log into the adaptor, when I click on the DST Status  (under Maintenance) it says "DST Link Status: Off". I'm wondering if that is part of the issue. As the original issuer stated, this seems to try to link with okay when first trying to link as the DST LED does come on for a few seconds, but then shuts off. 

I thought something else might be wrong with the router, but I did buy a new extender (EX6250) and it is working fine with the same router (7300). Are you still troubleshooting this?

Model: R7300DST|AC1900 DST Router and DST Adapter
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7