× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Daisy chaining Wifi Extenders, Wifi Repeaters and Wifi Range Extenders

Trickyt57
Tutor

Daisy chaining Wifi Extenders, Wifi Repeaters and Wifi Range Extenders

I read somewhere that it is not possible to Daisychain WIFI range extenders.  Is that correct?  How do Hotels do it to get wifi in every room?

I want to extend my network to further away than the first wirless extender will reach.  I have been trying to connect an extender to an extender, but it seems not to like that.

My equipment is as follows:

Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis 3.0 2 Port Voice Gateway
Netgear WN2500RP WIFI Range Extender (connected to the above)
Netgear WNDR4000 Router (not yet connected)
Netgear AC750 WiFi Range Extender (not yet connected)

At the moment, only the first two items are connected.  Cisco EPC3925 Gateway==> Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender.

If I connect the third or fourth device the network somehow changes the IP range from 192.168.1.1-255 to something like 10-0-0-1-255, on one of the devices and then the two networks can't connect.

What I want is Cisco EPC3925 Gateway==> Netgear WNDR4000 Router==>Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender==>Netgear AC750 Range Extender, or

Cisco EPC3925 Gateway==> Netgear WNDR4000 Router ==> Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender==>Netgear AC750 Range Extender,

If anyone can give me relatively detailed instructions on how to do it I would be grateful.  (I am quite a geek with routers, but I just can't figure this one out).

Message 1 of 2
netwrks
Master

Re: Daisy chaining Wifi Extenders, Wifi Repeaters and Wifi Range Extenders

Hotels typically use numerous Wireless Access Points. I don't think you can Range extend off an range extender.. The IP issue, may be the default IP Address on one your devices. Range extending is generally hit and miss, and lots of disapointment. You sacrifice throughput.

The best way to extend your network is using ethenet (CAT5e or CAT6) to connect an Access Point to your network router. Much better than Range Extender's. I beleive that your Netgear WNDR4000 Router can aslo be converted into an Access Point.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7