× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Daisy chaining

MCH1
Follower

Daisy chaining

I am attempting to install a ring security camera on a garage at the bottom of the garden. Tp link doesn’t work presumably because the garage is on a different mains circuit.
I have a Netgear 3700 set up successfully in the house. There is a garden shed between the house and the garage with electricity.
Can I daisy chain extenders as follows:-
Ex3700 in kitchen —- ex3700 in shed ——- ex3700 in garage———-ring security camera

Or would the signal be too weak if it works at all??????
Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Every extender you add in the chain is going to add extra latency, chances for error, and interference. I've ran 2 extenders in a daisy chain setup and it worked. Not great but it worked for a low bandwidth security system.  And this was a very low bandwidth system.

A lots going to depend on the connection between them (each leg of the chain) and if you're able to use fastlane. Fastlane will help reduce latency and errors but still isn't going to fix the overal instabilities when you're daisy chaining extenders. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Every extender you add in the chain is going to add extra latency, chances for error, and interference. I've ran 2 extenders in a daisy chain setup and it worked. Not great but it worked for a low bandwidth security system.  And this was a very low bandwidth system.

A lots going to depend on the connection between them (each leg of the chain) and if you're able to use fastlane. Fastlane will help reduce latency and errors but still isn't going to fix the overal instabilities when you're daisy chaining extenders. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7