× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Device: Red light stays on N300 EX2700 even if plugged in next room

tdnishio
Aspirant

Device: Red light stays on N300 EX2700 even if plugged in next room

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Which red light? It has several led's. 

What router is the EX2700 connected to?

Did you set it up using wps or using the installation assistant?

Message 2 of 6
tdnishio
Aspirant

Red light stays on the Device.  

Router is from my internet provider Consolidated Communications.

I believe it was installed using Netgear's installation protocol.

If you need more clarity than what I have provided, please let me know, what more specific you need.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@tdnishio wrote:

Red light stays on the Device.  ----Which led? That's key.

Router is from my internet provider Consolidated Communications.---that told me nothing. What actual router is it? 

I believe it was installed using Netgear's installation protocol.----which protocol? there's more than 1 way to install it which is why I asked. 

If you need more clarity than what I have provided, please let me know, what more specific you need.----Yes I need more clarity. Actualy details helps. I'm not there to see whats going on or what you did so you need to be specific. 

Message 4 of 6
tdnishio
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

@tdnishio wrote:

Red light stays on the Device.  ----Which led? That's key.    Answer:  The far top right LED, that is labelled Device.

Router is from my internet provider Consolidated Communications.---that told me nothing. What actual router is it?  Answer:  ZYXEL Model# VMG4927-B50A

I believe it was installed using Netgear's installation protocol.----which protocol? there's more than 1 way to install it which is why I asked. Answer: Netgear Installation Assistant

If you need more clarity than what I have provided, please let me know, what more specific you need.----Yes I need more clarity. Actualy details helps. I'm not there to see whats going on or what you did so you need to be specific. 

@plemans wrote:

@tdnishio wrote:

Router is from my internet provider Consolidated Communications.---that told me nothing. What actual router is it? 

I believe it was installed using Netgear's installation protocol.----which protocol? there's more than 1 way to install it which is why I asked. 

@plemans wrote:

@tdnishio wrote:

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

The "device" led is for devices connected to the extender. not the extenders connection to the router. 

And the problem is that its a single light. so if more devices are connected, some could be fine but others have a poor connection.

You can log into the extender and check the connected devices list. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7