× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Device light off

PaulNieman
Initiate

Device light off

Hello,

I have "successfully" set up this extender in that three lights are on (power, wps and router) and green. However, the device light is off. I can see the new extender - 2Gext and -5Gext as available network addresses to join on my computer and both have strong/full signals. When I try and join one of these addresses it is not possible. The extender either does not accept the Wifi password- or does not allow me to connect. I am using the correct password (I can connect to the router itself... though the signal is weak).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to connect my computer to the extender?

Cheers, Paul

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

what router are you connecting it to?

did you set it up via wps? If so, factory reset the extender and re-run the setup using the installation wizard and not wps. Wps is coded different between device makers and doesn't always setup properly. 

Message 2 of 4
PaulNieman
Initiate

Thank you for your quick reply! I just did as you recommended (reset etc.) and the extender is working perfectly fine now. Problem solved... thank you very much.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it!

If you mark it as solved, it helps the next person with this issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7