× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices Won't connect to extended 2.4Ghz

grubbii
Follower

Devices Won't connect to extended 2.4Ghz

I bought this device and hooked it up today...got the latest firmware and have been testing since. I have a dual-band Cisco E3000 in the basement of a 3000 sq ft home. On the first floor, I put the WN2500RP and connected to BOTH of the bands...the 2.4Ghz was at 58% and the 5GHz was at 46% on the first floor.
Both lights are green on the RP and I have successfully connected to the 5GHZ EXT SSID with my new iPad...however, nothing will connect to the 2.4 EXT SSID. With an iPhone, iPad, Dell and Mac...all prompt for the passphrase but then give their version of the spinning wheel of wait.

According to the Status page, everything is connected to the E3000 fine. I am also NOT using the FastLane technology.
Any ideas how to rectify?
Message 1 of 4
fganter
Aspirant

Did you ever get this working? I'm having the same issue?
Message 2 of 4
fganter
Aspirant

I later found the solution to my issue -> http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=76869

Thanks anyway.
Message 3 of 4
JBID
Aspirant

My solution was different than that link. For WEP, when you are using the Wizard to set up your account, and you get to the screen (2nd, I think) where you enter your WEP..DO NOT ENTER IT IN THE GIANT SPACE CALLED PASSPHRASE with the button Generate next to it. Nope, you should ignore that giant huge obvious spot and just type it directly into Key 1 ONLY. Also ignore all the other KEY fields.

I had to go back to factory settings to be able to do this, but that's all it took (I won't tell you how long it took me to figure out that.) Seems like there should be some instructions on that page...
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7