× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices not connecting to ax6000 extender

Gmoney512
Tutor

Devices not connecting to ax6000 extender

I have the ax8(ax6000) range extender.. the problem I'm having is once I get the device up and running..my devices will connect..then after a while the devices will not connect to it, even though the nighthawk app shows it's connected to my rax200.. when I power cycle the extender it comes back on the router light goes yellow and the connection rate via ethernet shows 5hgz band drops to 600mbps from 2.4gbps..then I have to factory reset
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Gmoney512
Tutor

I meant to say the router led light on the extender is yellow after power cycling the extender
Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gmoney512, 

Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling me what firmware version the extender is on? Please ensure that your extender is on the latest firmware version. You may need to factory reset your extender and run through the setup assistant again. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061293/EAX80-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-36

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
Gmoney512
Tutor

It's the latest..I figured it out..I had to lower the 5ghz bands to 2400mbps..now the extender stays connected...it would disconnect at the 4800mbps on the 5ghz bands
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7