× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices won’t connect to internet through X4S

C2S
Follower
Follower

Devices won’t connect to internet through X4S

New X4S AC2200 set up easily and is working. However, when I connect my iPhone or iPad to the extended network the devices will not connect to the internet. What am I doing wrong?

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band Wall Plug WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Devices won’t connect to internet through X4S

Hi @C2S,

Welcome to the community!

1. When you say "is working", does that mean that there are other devices that can go online when connected to the extender?

2. What is the status of the router link LED?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
FJ60
Aspirant

When I say working I mean it’s powered up and recognizing my WiFi. It’s also sending a strong 2.4 and 5ghz extended signal.

My devices connect to the extended signals, but when I open Safari the internet will not load.

Router link LED lights are all blue.
Message 3 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @C2S,

1. Does the extender show up as an attached device on your main router's UI?

2. What is the firmware version of the extender?

3. Have you tried resetting the extender?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@FJ60 wrote:
When I say working I mean it’s powered up and recognizing my WiFi. It’s also sending a strong 2.4 and 5ghz extended signal.

My devices connect to the extended signals, but when I open Safari the internet will not load.

Router link LED lights are all blue.

@FJ60 - if you are having a similar problem, can you start your own thread?  That makes it much easier to keep track of who's done what.

Message 5 of 8
FJ60
Aspirant

I am the same user. I couldn’t remember the C2S password and this website wouldn’t let me reset with the same email... or I couldn’t figure it out. I logged on with a new username.
Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@FJ60 wrote:
I am the same user.

Thx for clarifying that.

Message 7 of 8

I'll be checking this thread for any updates.  I've had an issue hoping it would get fixed with a firmware update, but I guess nobody is reporting the issue.  I've checked everything on my end and it looks and seems to work properly for maybe a day or two, then I have to reboot the extender to get some of my devices to connect.  After reboot, works great for another day or twp.  Can't figure out what is breaking.

It's kind of random and doesn't make much sense.  No rhyme or reason that a laptop or a cell phone just up and does not connect to the wifi.  Reboot the extender, and it connects fine.  After the extender is rebooted, the device connects through it just fine.  I'm just stabbing in the dark, but maybe has something to do with access control, but I've turned it on and off on both the extender and the r7800 it's connected to.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread because I suspect something similar.  It's the first thread I've come across that indicates I may not be the only one with this.  Again, I suspect something they broke in the firmware because it used to work without issues.  But I've had so many firmware updates and made so many different changes to my network over time, it's hard to tell.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7