× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Do I have the latest firmware update?

longhike
Follower

Do I have the latest firmware update?

I have received an email saying there is a Firmware available and that the latest version is v1.0.2.74. When I check for updates the system says I have the latest update, but the installed version is V1.0.2.66. I'm afraid to attemp a manual install of the latest firmware  incase my extender isn't compatible. Why won't the system allow the update? Is it safe to manually upload the update, or will I run into compatibility issues? Thanks!

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

the most current is the 1.0.2.74.  Yours is 2 versions out of date. If you were just one version out of date, i'd recommend leaving it as the .74 update only changed registration flow. But the .70 version did add security fixes and backhaul fixes.  I'd probably do a manual update. shouldn't have any compatability issues. I'd just do a backup before the manual update. That way if there are issues, you can reset and restore or even downgrade back to the old firmware. Always good to be prepared. 

Here's the support site with manuals, install files, and firmware. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN3000RPv3

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the most current is the 1.0.2.74.  Yours is 2 versions out of date. If you were just one version out of date, i'd recommend leaving it as the .74 update only changed registration flow. But the .70 version did add security fixes and backhaul fixes.  I'd probably do a manual update. shouldn't have any compatability issues. I'd just do a backup before the manual update. That way if there are issues, you can reset and restore or even downgrade back to the old firmware. Always good to be prepared. 

Here's the support site with manuals, install files, and firmware. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN3000RPv3

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7