× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does EX6150v2 have a greater range than EX6110?

Billbeag
Initiate

Does EX6150v2 have a greater range than EX6110?

I'm using an Optus HUAWEI B525 wireless modem/router and need an extender to provide a stronger signal to support TV, Foxtel, etc.

Does ex6150v2 have a greater range than ex6110?
regards

Billbeag

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Billbeag wrote:

I'm using an Optus HUAWEI B525 wireless modem/router and need an extender to provide a stronger signal to support TV, Foxtel, etc.

regards

Billbeag

Potentially. It does have external antennas. Some feel as if this equates to better performance. I haven't really seen much difference with external antenna designs.

The reason I'd choose the EX6150 over the EX6110 is the ethernet jack. If there's a problem with the extender, you can flash it using the ethernet jack versus the EX6110 doesn't have that option. Plus you can also use the ethernet jack for AP mode or direct connecting a device to it.  Worth the little bit extra. 

Message 2 of 4
Billbeag
Initiate

Thanks for prompt advice. Yes, I'll purchase the ex6150. And, in Australia, the ex6150 is  aud$45 less expensive than the ex6110.

regards

Billbeag

@plemans wrote:

@Billbeag wrote:

regards

Billbeag

Potentially. It does have external antennas. Some feel as if this equates to better performance. I haven't really seen much difference with external antenna designs.

The reason I'd choose the EX6150 over the EX6110 is the ethernet jack. If there's a problem with the extender, you can flash it using the ethernet jack versus the EX6110 doesn't have that option. Plus you can also use the ethernet jack for AP mode or direct connecting a device to it.  Worth the little bit extra. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Hope it works well for you!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7