× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does the AC1200 Dual Band Wifi Range Extender work well with xfinitywifi hotspots?

Ken-san
Follower

Does the AC1200 Dual Band Wifi Range Extender work well with xfinitywifi hotspots?

I bought this Range extender today to use at my dad's home via the xfinitywifi hotspot because the router is at my mom's place, also the hotspot signal in the apartments i am at is very low so that's why I bought it, and so far it only works for the smartphone, or at least the 2G version, but it does not connect on to the laptops or the video game consoles. I understand that in order to use the xfinity's hotspots I need to sign in on the devices web browser and enter my login information, but none of the devices allow me to sign in as they all say that they could not find the ip address or dchp was not found, which I assume means that I have to sign in my xfinity account. I have tried multiple suggestions on the internet to try and use the web browsers on the game consoles but to no avail. Therefore I would like to ask the community if there is a way to fix this or recommend a better product when it comes to Range extenders and xfinity's hotspots since I know the hotspots for xfinity can be difficult to implement on different electronics and that not many people talk about this subject. Thank you in advance.
Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Does the AC1200 Dual Band Wifi Range Extender work well with xfinitywifi hotspots?

Hi Ken-san,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. The feature that you are referring to where it asks you to log in first in order to get internet access when connecting to the Xfinity hotspot is called captive portal which unfortunately none of our extenders support this feature.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7