× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does the EX3700 work with T Mobile Internet Gateway?

WillG1
Follower

Does the EX3700 work with T Mobile Internet Gateway?

Hello,

I've been struggling with trying to connect my EX3700 range extender to T Mobile's 5G Internet Gateway. I had no problems connecting to Fios a few years ago. Just recently moved, and switched to T Mobile for home internet.

I've plugged in the extender, reset it, and switched to the NETGEAR_EXT network to complete the setup on my PC. However,  I keep getting the following message (below) when trying to access the the internet:

This site can’t be reached

www.msftconnecttest.com refused to connect.

Has anyone out there had any luck, and can offer some help?

(BTW, the T Mobile router I'm using looks like a silver cylindrical can, if that helps...)

Thanks,

Will

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Does the EX3700 work with T Mobile Internet Gateway?

The tmobile gateways are pretty new and not many are using them. 

Even tmobile isn't saying a whole lot on their forums on what works with their gateways. 

Wi-Fi extenders for the T-Mobile gateway | T-Mobile Community

theoretically, most devices should work but in reality, it doesn't always work. Some routers have potential for mesh/nodes built in and that can cause issues. 

Have you tried going into the gateway and setting up the extender with a static ip address? 

Or checking if the router has any features like verizon uses (self organizing network or 'son")

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7