× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX11 Ethernet Port for Printer

67mgb
Follower

EAX11 Ethernet Port for Printer

I have a EAX11 (AX1600 4-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender) that I purchased with the intent of using it to connect a remote printer to my WiFi network, the Network Extension would be a Bonus.  Although I am experiencing some problems connecting the EAX11 to my WiFi Network, I decided I should confirm that this unit will do what I want before investing more time into getting it connected.  The printer has a Wired Ethernet connection.  Can I configure the EAX11 either as a Mesh Extender or as a Hotspot and then connect the Printer's Ethernet Port to the EAX11's Ethernet Port in order to connect my printer to the WiFi Network?  Or, will the EAX11's Ethernet Port not perform this function and I need some other form of WiFi Adapter for the printer?  My WiFi Router is a Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 and I am operating under Windows 10.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX11 Ethernet Port for Printer

You should be able to. 

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 
If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.
To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 
Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Also, once its setup, make sure to go in and set the printer with a static or reserved ip address. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7