× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX11 broke my Nighthawk app

Dragon621
Aspirant

EAX11 broke my Nighthawk app

Hello all, several months ago I bought a EAX11 extender and set it up with the Nighthawk app without issues. Last night, I purchased another EAX11 to provide coverage to another part of my home and may have broken my entire set up. As you can see from the photo, my phone was connected to the initial “EXT” broadcast by the new EAX11 and the app recognized it, but it still wouldn’t connect. By the way, the older EAX11 shares my actual WiFi network name and not the “EXT”, so I know this is the new device. As for the heading of this post, after a certain number of tries, the app actually logged me off, and now I cannot login at all even with the correct credentials. And even selecting “forgot password” takes me to Netgear’s VERY useless password help page.
As far as steps taken, I’ve tried resetting the new extender, forgetting the “EXT” network and rejoining, deleting the app and reinstalling, and seeing if there was anything I could do from my home PC.

Will I even be able have a second extender, or is my app just going to be broken now and I have to do the walk of shame to the return counter at the store?
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX11 broke my Nighthawk app

Instead of setting up using the app or WPS, have you tried using the installation assistant. 

If you have to, you might have to factory reset both extenders and try that method of install. When you try to install the 2nd one, power off the first one (once its setup)

Message 2 of 4
Dragon621
Aspirant

I’ve tried that as well, and get the message that my device is not connected to the extender’s WiFi network.

I did think about unplugging my working extender, but given that the app is refusing to work properly I don’t want to risk having two useless extenders.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You factory reset the extender? 

You can hardwire a pc/laptop into the extender and go through its setup. Have you tried this? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7