× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX15 AX1800 and router RAX40

McDitchem
Aspirant

EAX15 AX1800 and router RAX40

Was working fine for months, then this morning my extender (EAX15) stopped working, reset, did wps link with router RAX40 but extender refuses to link back up and give signal. Router works fine without it just has been cutting in and out a little. I dont know what else to do, whenever the extender is plugged into the wall my internet completely dies and I can’t reach anything.
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX15 AX1800 and router RAX40

have you tried factory resetting the extender and installing it using the installation assistant and NOT wps? 

Message 2 of 10
McDitchem
Aspirant

I got the reset button on the side of it and it automatically reconnected itself, is there a way to do a hard factory reset and not just the button?
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Push and hold the reset for 8-15 seconds while powered on. It should flash when held long enough. Then follow the guide for the installation assistant and not wps. 

Message 4 of 10
McDitchem
Aspirant

Thought it was going to work, was going through first set up, router link light never went on and client link ?(third one) went from green to amber (kept switching) and then the internet completely killed itself again and all devices lost internet
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

all devices lost connection? Even those connected directly to the router? 

Message 6 of 10
McDitchem
Aspirant

Yeah it’s weird internet will be working fine, (plugs in extender) everything dies and loses the connection.(I don’t have anything directly connected to router) then I have to unplug extender and reset router to get internet back
Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

what firmware version are you on?

Message 8 of 10
McDitchem
Aspirant

1.0.4.102_1.0.1
Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

You're on a newer release of the firmware than the public release. Maybe it introduced a bug. Have you tried downgrading to the public release version? 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7