× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX15 and portal connection problem

Youen
Aspirant

EAX15 and portal connection problem

Hello, I just bought a EAX15 to extend my wifi, but I can't access internet through it. Already tried the troubleshooting guide. My wifi needs to be logged in via a browser portal, I'm pretty sure the problem is from there but can't figure out how to fix it. It doesn't display the connection portal when I'm connected to the EAX15. It gives me the DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE error. Did anyone experienced it before? Thanks.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX15 and portal connection problem

Sorry, don't speak french (?) so the screen snip doesn't tell me much. 

What router are you connecting it to? 

And what ISP access is this? 

Did you try setting it up using the installation assistant?

LIke I said, this extender doesn't support wisp mode which if you're trying to connect to a router that requires login access, it won't work. Wisp mode is what you need for that. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You say "my wife needs to be logged in through a browser portal"

What do you mean by this? A bit more details are key as this is a wifi extender, not a WISP device. 

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 
If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.
To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 
Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 6
Youen
Aspirant

It means that with this wifi, I need to go through a connection page on my browser to access internet. I connected via WPS, and it does extend the wifi coverage but it is making it impossible to access the connection portal or the internet. The connection portal should look like the screenshot attached but my browser just gives me the DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE error.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Sorry, don't speak french (?) so the screen snip doesn't tell me much. 

And what ISP access is this? 

Did you try setting it up using the installation assistant?

LIke I said, this extender doesn't support wisp mode which if you're trying to connect to a router that requires login access, it won't work. Wisp mode is what you need for that. 

Message 4 of 6
Youen
Aspirant

Okay thanks, WISP mode is probably where my mistake is. I'll look into it. Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

It might not be. Its tough to know when you haven't given me all the information to work with. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7