× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX20 Extender is setup. Downloaded app and it wants to repeat setup?

Kman1
Aspirant

EAX20 Extender is setup. Downloaded app and it wants to repeat setup?

Latest firmware on my EAX20 Extender. Using as an access point. All setup using Ethernet, then that quit, and I was able to use my iPhone to finish. Had to enter SSID's twice, once on my laptop, which then disconnected, and again on my iPhone. Got it setup with latest firmware, so I wanted to download the Nighthawk app, to monitor. App wants to run setup again. Plus when I tried to login to Netgear, said user name wasn't valid. Same credentials I used to login in here. Is there anyway to use the app after setup has been completed? Because that is where it was heading. It would make the 3rd time I would have to setup. Any ideas? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX20 Extender is setup. Downloaded app and it wants to repeat setup?

The app should autodetect that its already setup and you're connected. I'm surprised it didn't. 

I've actually used that method before to test out my EX8000. 

If it was me? I just wouldn't use the app. But its not really a fix. 

You can try the factory reset and reinstall through the app if you'd like. 

Message 2 of 5
Kman1
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I deleted app and downloaded again. This time I got logged in, and to the point of app connecting to extender. But it will not connect. I’m standing 3 feet away, and on the extender Wi-Fi with my phone. On the 5g, and guest network is off. Logged in using Safari, and It says all is well, and access point is functioning. I’m with you, I won’t use the app. This method gives me access to what I need. Thank you again!
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you're on ios, make sure icloud relay is disabled. Same with random mac/ip address. They can cause issues on the app

Message 4 of 5
Kman1
Aspirant

I don’t have iCloud Relay, as I’m still using free 5Gig plan. It says it’s in beta, and included if I upgrade to 50Gig plan. I turned off Private Wi-Fi. Downloaded app and it still won’t connect. There’s an issue if I’m on the Wi-Fi network of extender, and the application can’t find it. It shouldn’t be that difficult. My Linksys AX1800 model MR7350 app will connect thru it’s app, even if I’m on the extender network. But I’m on the same network, and Nighthawk app can’t find it’s own unit. That’s a bug. And it’s annoying to have to change settings, and it still can’t locate the Mothership! Appreciate the help. It’s easier to use Safari and Netgear setup URL. Connects every time. Thank you again!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7