× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EAX20 Firmware 1.0.0.58 Update Error

EAX20 Firmware 1.0.0.58 Update Error

EAX20 indicates there is a firmware version 1.0.0.58 update available. However the firmware update will not complete whether using the Nighthawk app or an internet browser. My current firmware version is 1.0.0.52.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 6
bbandor
Guide

I have the exact same problem, I didn’t try the manual update
Message 3 of 6

When I made this post, the firmware wasn’t available for download on the support website. Now it is available for download and the manual update worked fine. The auto-update, including the nighthawk app, failed to work.
Message 4 of 6
Kevin84
Aspirant

Hello,

I do experience the same issue : the new firmware can be downloaded form the mobile app, but it cannot get installed.

In fact the repeater seems to not be able to reboot, even from the mobile app reboot option.

I have also tryied with the manual update, but in this case in cannot succeed to log in.(wrong credentials)

The issue percists after factory reset.

Thanks for your support

Regards

Message 5 of 6

Download the new firmware, perform a factory reset and setup your extender without performing an automatic update. When your extender tries to automatically update the firmware during the new extender setup process, type in the IP address of the extender and login as usual. After you’ve logged in, update your firmware manually. Here’s a link to the firmware download page: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/eax20.aspx#download
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7