× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX20 broadcasts to some devices only

wizzensnap
Tutor

EAX20 broadcasts to some devices only

I have an EAX20 WiFi extender which connects successfully to my router AD7200 (TPLink). When I disable One Name WiFi and Smart Connect to use a different SSID for the extender, the SSID will show up on some devices like my phone but not on others, like my laptops. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? The reason I need to do this is because when it is on One Name, it continually disconnects from the network. I have tried having One Name enabled on 2 different networks (different locations) and it consistantly drops the connections.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
wizzensnap
Tutor

Re: EAX20 broadcasts to some devices only

Thanks for the response. Actually, while trying to update the drivers, I unintalled the original driver and the PC put on the Microsoft driver instead of the Intel and it could then see the extender. This was all a test as I will be installing the extender in a business and didn't want to take the chance that the 2 pcs there wouldn't see the extender. Now I know that the driver will be the problem thanks to you. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What wireless chip are in the laptops not finding the network? 

What driver is on them? 

Message 2 of 6
wizzensnap
Tutor

Intel AC-7200 on one and AC-3165 on the other. Both are running Windows 10 Home.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

go directly to the intel site and update the drivers on both devices from there. the early intel drivers (that are in the windows update) couldn't pickup the AX signal. So try going directly to intel and getting the newest ones. 

Message 4 of 6
wizzensnap
Tutor

Thanks for the response. Actually, while trying to update the drivers, I unintalled the original driver and the PC put on the Microsoft driver instead of the Intel and it could then see the extender. This was all a test as I will be installing the extender in a business and didn't want to take the chance that the 2 pcs there wouldn't see the extender. Now I know that the driver will be the problem thanks to you. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad it was an easy fix and something like the drivers. 
If you mark it solved, it might help the next person with this issue and prevent others from trying to fix and already fixed problem. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7