EAX20 extender keeps rebooting.

Chris450
Follower

EAX20 extender keeps rebooting.

Extender keeps randomly rebooting. Doesn't matter where I place it in relation to my router. Router is Netgear RAX120 (which has been flawless).  I needed the extender to hardwire my work PC (no WiFi) and my OCD kept me within Neatgear's product line as I had the router and modem first.  After a battle with customer service (which is horrible. The worst I have ever had to deal with) finally was able to send it back for a replacement. Well, the replacement is doing the same thing.  Have had the new one in various locations with nothing hooked in (wired) and it just reboots.  Firmware was updated when I set it up which is 1.0.0.36.   Should have tried it with the old firmware to see.  Any help other than factory resetting, which I have done more times than I care to remember, is appreciated. Next step is to recreate the fax machine seven from office space.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX20 extender keeps rebooting.

If both devices were on the newest firmware, have you tried downgrading the firmware? 

You download the old firmware and then install it using the manual firmware update process but use the older firmware. 

Just make sure to disable auto-updates if it works. 

Current setup: CM2000-> RBKE963B-> Trendnet TEG-S380-> GS716T-> pi-hole
also in AP setup: RAXE500->EAX80
1.4gig download/50mbps upload from Xfinity
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E