× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX80 Access Control

davidgarratt
Guide

EAX80 Access Control

I have some of the new EAX80's and have found a rather big problem. I was looking at the Access Control option which is hidden above the Connected Devices (WIFI) list. So follow these steps. Click on Enable access control. A list of checkbox's appear next to each connected device with a "Deny" label. At this point lets say you use this checkbox to deny 3 devices from a specific EAX80 and click save. Those 3 devices are disconnected from Wifi and disappear from the list of connected devices. So far so good. Now lets say you want to amend the list and re-enable one of the devices or just review those devices. There is no way to do this. No screen shows currently blocked devices. If you disable Access Control - in theory those devices should re-associate and re-appear on the list - however when Access Control is disabled the "deny" checkbox is no longer visible and cannot be 'un-checked". If you re-enable Access Control so you can see the checkbox then those devices are immediately blocked and disassociated from the AP. They no longer appear in the list. I cannot see any way to re-enable them short of a factory reset. I also suspect from testing that when a device is denied access it remains that way even if Access Control is turned off. Hopefully an update to the firmware will be out soon for this.

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7