× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX80 do need Dual Port Aggregation LACP (Compared with CAX80)

hiriomi
Guide

EAX80 do need Dual Port Aggregation LACP (Compared with CAX80)

I do love EAX80 - best extender!

Only model with 802.11ax @2.4GHz !

AC9560 can work on 1.7Gbps with 160MHz supported !

4.8Gbps @5Ghz with 1024QAM 

BUT EAX80 only work with 1000 Ethernet ports !! What a reckless waste.

We do need Port Aggregation (LACP) to integrate 2*1000 Ethernet ports and fully utilize highspeed bandwidth, as such AX200 2.4Gbps

As a comparation, CAX80 have already had "Dual Gigabit Ethernet Port Aggregation"

Please do help!

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX80 do need Dual Port Aggregation LACP (Compared with CAX80)

The CAX's expected price point is also almost 2x as much and its a modem/router combo. Not an extender. A

also not to be picky but most of the people using extenders, don't need dual port link aggregation. The devices that need link aggregation are going to be close by the modem/router or have hardwiring ran to them. Plus in my experience, port aggregation functions never quite function properly. I've used it with netgear, arris, and cisco and it hasn't been stable or worthwhile. I upgraded my devices to 10g/5g/2.5g/1g justt because of this. 

Message 2 of 6
hiriomi
Guide

Hey pro, you don’t get the point.
I mean that WIFI6 speed is already over 1Gbps, for example AC9560 work on 1.7Gbps, AX200 work on 2.4Gbps.
EAX80 as a extender, AP mode only support 1GE ethernet.
I cannot utilize all the bandwidth!
I had switch and firewall with SFP+, that means I have 2.5GE/5GE/10GE ethernet port.

My question: EAX80 become the network bottleneck! What is the value of WIFI6 extender?

I think new firmware can help EAX80 support “Port aggregation LACP”.
That is my request.
Message 3 of 6
hiriomi
Guide

Need for Netgear engineer 😄😄
Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

The point is that connections between two MAC addresses, e.g. the AX200 on the computer and the NAS,the router, .... can't exceed the link speed of one LAG member. Otherwise - @plemans leaving the consumer junk like cable modems and routers away - both static and dynamic LAG are working and performing nice and reliable.

Anyway, I expect to see soon Netgear WAC with Wi-Fi 6 (typically based on the similar hardware platform) - needless to say Multi-Gig _and_ port aggregation must be available.

Message 5 of 6
hiriomi
Guide

I can't agree with you.
I saw some reviews @RAX80 @RAX120 which port aggregation with NAS.
AX200 can get 166 MB/s 1300Mbps to access NAS.

My NAS is LACP connected to my firewall.
My request: EAX80 can also LACP connect to my firewall or switch, not directly link to NAS!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7