× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX 3700

Randroid101
Tutor

EX 3700

I have two Netgear Range Extenders with the same problem.
I followed installation instructions to the letter. All the lights light up on both devices but there is no internet with either of the new connections.
It made a new 2.4GHz_GEXT and a 2.4 GHz_5GEXT
Nowhere does it say Netgear

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: EX 3700

What router are you connecting them to? 

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 9
Randroid101
Tutor

I am using an ARRIS Model TG2482A and I have read every instruction and pushed WPS on the extender and the router. And tried everything else I can think of. Customer support is no help. They only want 4 times the amount of money I paid for them. On the EX 3700AC 750 I even tried with an ethernet cable. But to no avail.

Message 3 of 9
Randroid101
Tutor

d yes I tried factory setting both extenders

Message 4 of 9
Randroid101
Tutor

AC 1200

I have two Netgear Range Extenders with the same problem.
I followed installation instructions to the letter. All the lights light up on both devices but there is no internet with either of the new connections.
It made a new 2.4GHz_GEXT and a 2.4 GHz_5GEXT
Nowhere does it say Netgear anywhere on my wifi network.

There is no genie available

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

Your details aren't very through.

1. if you used wps, you need to factory reset and use the installation assistant. Make sure to power off the other extender when setting up the 2nd

2. If you hardwired an EX3700 in, it needs to be setup in access point mode, not extender mode. You don't say what mode you tried

3. when you do connect it with the installation assistant, can you log into the extender and see if its showing on the Arris's attached devices page (or whatever their equivalent is)

Message 6 of 9
Randroid101
Tutor

I do not have the assistant available to me. No wifiext works for me. I do not see the extender in the client list of the router. I only try one extender at a time. It's the same exact problem with both of them. I more than likely have to update the firmware on the EX 3700 but how?

Message 7 of 9
Randroid101
Tutor

I unplugged the extender from the router as it did nothing.

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

If you hit wps on the router and the extender, it default set it up with that. Half the time ISP routers are poorly coded. 

So you'd have to factory reset to get back to where you can use the mywifiext address. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. The lights should flash when held long enough.

then you should be able to connect via wireless to the netgear_ext and connect to the mywifi address and go through setup. 

The hardwired didn't work at all because if you had hit wps or didn't go through setup, you couldn't set it in access point mode. Thats the mode it needs if its hardwired into the router. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7