× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 Can't log in to update firmware

Essgee1952
Aspirant

EX2700 Can't log in to update firmware

I go to mywifiext.net and it asks for a user name and password which I don't have. Nowhere is there an option to reset anything. I tried the same login as my Netgear account, but it won't accept it.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Essgee1952
Aspirant

Re: EX2700 Can't log in to update firmware

Thank you DexterJB, but the only login I created is for netgear.com and it won't accept that. No, there is no forgot password button or option. There are NO other options available, just the message that the login is incorrect. But, I dug deep into the documentation and found that it takes user name "admin" and "password," which worked. This is to update the firmware, which I was finally able to do. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Essgee1952,

Welcome to the community!

1. These are the logins that you have created during setup.

2. There is a ""Forgot password" option available that requires you to answer security questions that have been setup.

3. If it is an option, a factory reset is something to consider.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Essgee1952
Aspirant

Thank you DexterJB, but the only login I created is for netgear.com and it won't accept that. No, there is no forgot password button or option. There are NO other options available, just the message that the login is incorrect. But, I dug deep into the documentation and found that it takes user name "admin" and "password," which worked. This is to update the firmware, which I was finally able to do. 

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Essgee1952,

Thank you for the update and confirmation. Glad to know you got it working.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7