× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 Not connecting with modem

FT1978
Aspirant

EX2700 Not connecting with modem

Hello,

I've had my EX2700 range extender since December and it installed and worked great and smoothly.  I had to replace my router/modem (from ROGERS) a week ago and now I can not connect my Extender to it AT ALL.

Installation process:

• Extender is 2 feet away from my router.
  • When I plug in the extender, the Power and WPS buttons light up (fyi - no other lights are on.  The first few times I tried to reset everything, Device light was lite, but now it doesn't turn on).
  • Smart Setup loads, and I enter my credentials.
  • The message says "The Extender can not connect to the router" then followed by another screen "The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network."  It lists my Network credientials and everything seems right. Security Protocol: WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
  • I continue and it applies my settings. Then I encounter 2 issues:
    • it either kicks me off the extender and closes the set up window
    • OR it shows a screen saying "connect any wifi enabled device like you would connect them to your main network, using the credentials below:" The wifi strength is strong, but I can tell I no longer connected to my extender wifi.  I try to connect another device to my extender wifi and nothing happens.  I select "click to continue button after you connect your wifi device" but nothing happens.  Throughout this entire process only the Power and WPA lilghts are on.
  • since i'm kicked off, I have to do the entire set up all over again with no success.

I have done this about 40 times.  I tried to factory reset it, even had my internet provider reset the modem and nothing.   I have tried to set up the Extender manually and with the installatio assistant and it hasn't worked.  When I set up my extender months ago it was unbeleivelbe smooth, but I can't get it to work at all and I'm beyond frustrated since this is supposed to be a simple process.  Please help.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2700 Not connecting with modem

have you tried hardwiring into the extender for setup? connecting a laptop/pc to it? 

If you do, make sure to turn off the wifi on the device you're setting up so it doesn't default back to the wifi. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

which router are you trying to connect it to? 

Not all of them play nice when it comes to isp supplied devices. 

Message 2 of 6
FT1978
Aspirant

Hitron. It is either
CGNM-3552
CGN3-ACSMR
CGN-3ACR
CGN3

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

have you tried hardwiring into the extender for setup? connecting a laptop/pc to it? 

If you do, make sure to turn off the wifi on the device you're setting up so it doesn't default back to the wifi. 

Message 4 of 6
FT1978
Aspirant

Thank you. I connected the Ethernet from the wifi to the netgear and it worked.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

glad to hear you got it working!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7