× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 – WiFi Range Extender Unable to connect to extender

Hannahgibbard
Follower

EX2700 – WiFi Range Extender Unable to connect to extender

Hello all!
I’m trying to set up my extended for second time as I’ve got a new internet supplier.
When I tried to go through the set up through wps. Can get all the green lights to stay on and they don’t flash but when trying to connect to the extender it says invalid password.
So tried to use the address http://mywifiext.local as using my iPhone as have no laptop at present, all I get is a blank page.
As you maybe able to guess I’m not very good with technology and I’m also dyslexic so hard to find easy instructions on line.

Many thanks for reading
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2700 – WiFi Range Extender Unable to connect to extender

I would reset the device and start from scratch. Hold the reset button for 7-10 seconds. 

You can try going through the wps steps to see if you can get it to connect or you can use the manual method. The adress you entered isn't the correct one. Once you have connected your device to the extender's wifi, enter  mywifiext.net  then it'll ask for the login and password. You can proceed with setup from there.

One thing you didn't mention is the router you're connecting to. If it has a smart connect function built into it, it'll help to disable it as this can create issues with setup. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7