× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 dropouts

knappster
Aspirant

EX2700 dropouts

I have had this EX2700 for several months hoping that it would provide a reliable signal on the deck just outside of the house. It is connected to my TP-LINK TL-WR841N router.  When I connect to the router directly with devices, the internet connection is reliable as long as I have a signal.  When I connect to the Netgear EX2700, the Internet stops working briefly maybe every 5-10 minutes.  If I am using a browser, it may stop loading a page midway or not load the page at all.  Refreshing will normally cause the page to load fine.  Both LED's on the EX2700 will be on at the time.

There have also been times when I have been connected to the EX2700 and logged into the router admin page.  I will then get a message that only one user can be logged in at a time as if the connection dropped briefly and reset the session.

The EX2700 firmware was updated recently to V1.0.1.20 but the issue has not improved.  How can I even begin to troubleshoot this since there does not appear to be any logging on this device?  Both devices have WPA2-PSK security with AES encyrption.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX2700 dropouts

Have you tried to factory reset the unit connect it to the router again?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
knappster
Aspirant

I have not, but I will try that tonight if you think it could help.

Message 3 of 4
knappster
Aspirant

I performed the factory reset a couple weeks ago and there has been a mild improvement.  Now instead of pages acting like the Internet connection is completly down and failing to even start loading, they just frequently get stuck loading half-way through and then work with a refresh or clicking a link.

Are there any tools for troubleshooting or is this just an expected behavior for these types of devices?  Based on the positive Amazon reviews I read, I thought it would work seamlessly with a reduction in transfer speeds.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7