× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 factory reset fails? -- can't get to new device prompt or login on mywifiext.net

glurbix
Aspirant

EX2700 factory reset fails? -- can't get to new device prompt or login on mywifiext.net

I have three of these and want to repurpose them in a revised network.  After factory reset, only one of them behaved like a "new" product when connecting to it online, asking me to create a username and login which then works on mywifiext.net. On the other two, resetting (7 seconds or more with the paperclip) wiped the existing wifi network info and allows me to attach them to the new network successfully, but I have not been able to log into them administratively with mywifiext.net to update firmware, etc. -- nor do I seem to have any valid login credentials for them left over from earlier use. I get taken right to the network search page that shows up as mywifiext.COM (as opposed to mywifiext.NET). Forcing the browser to mywifiext.NET gets me a dropdown username/password request which I can't satisfy.

Is this a hardware problem with the reset button failing to clear that cached data (no matter how long I hold it in), or a caching problem on my computer's browser (since I'm attempting the same connections to different)? I want access to all three of these units so I can update firmware etc.  Thanks!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
glurbix
Aspirant

Re: EX2700 factory reset fails? -- can't get to new device prompt or login on mywifiext.net

Thanks for this suggestion! Should have updated the query: I had simply misread the factory default login / pw printed on the actual extenders (small print!) and was finally able to get into them on mywifiext.net when I noticed, and updated firmware, and all are functioning now as I would want. So, problem solved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX2700 factory reset fails? -- can't get to new device prompt or login on mywifiext.net

Have you tried to access those extenders using there IP address typically if they are connected to the router you can find the address in the attached devices page.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
glurbix
Aspirant

Thanks for this suggestion! Should have updated the query: I had simply misread the factory default login / pw printed on the actual extenders (small print!) and was finally able to get into them on mywifiext.net when I noticed, and updated firmware, and all are functioning now as I would want. So, problem solved.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7