× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX2700 not using DHCP reservations

jpullam
Guide

EX2700 not using DHCP reservations

My network now contains the following 3 devices:

1 - ConnectionHub that acts as a fibre modem and router and does the DHCP function for the local network, including IP address reservation.

2 - WN203 Access Point that provides the wireless capability.

3 - EX2700 Extender to extend the wireless network

This appears to work fine for most devices until DHCP reservation is required. The EX2700 appears to create new IP addresses for devices that are previously known to the ConnectionHub/WN203 and are already in its tables, and it does not use the pre-assigned IP addresses that are needed for some devices. This is not a problem with the WN203 on its own--the DHCP function works correctly and it assigns reserved addresses correctly.

Message 1 of 4
jpullam
Guide

I'm disappointed that I've put the time and energy in configuring this wireless and can't get it to work properly. Does this device support the upstream DHCP addresses at all? Is this something I've done wrong? Would it support the DHCP assignments if I remove the WN203 and just let the EX2700 talk directly to the ConnectionHub's network after turning its wireless back on?

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jpullam

Are you on the latest firmware version .22 addressed a issue with DHCP changing.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
jpullam
Guide

I don't know where your version number comes from, but mine says Firmware Version: V1.0.1.10 and that's a very recent download that I did from the Netgear site last week.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7