× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 only gives local IP

RoxyDisco
Follower

EX2700 only gives local IP

Hi all,

I have an EX2700 wifi extender which I had been using succeffully at home for a while.
But once in a while the extender stops working properly: it only provides local IP addresses to the connected devices (169.254.134.111 for instance).

This prevents the connected the devices from connecting to the Internet. Very weirdly, they can still access the google services (google, youtube etc), but nothing else.

I have tried connecting several laptops, Rapsberry Pi (under Linux) and all have the same issue: only getting a weird local IP from the extender.

I also cannot access mywifiext[dot]net (or .com) when this happens.

I have tried resetting the router to factory settings and setting it up again. It worked once (all the connected devices could acces internet normally and had normal IPs again), but after a while the issue appeared again. Since then, the factory reset + re-setup is ineffective, as soon as the setup is over I lose internet and can't connect to mywifiext[dot]net.

I have tried placing the extender right next to my modem, but that doesn't help. I have tried changing the extended network name and forgetting the old networks on the connected devices, but that doesn't help.

I'm now all out of ideas of what I could try next to solve this issue. I still absolutely can't understand how I get access to the google services but nothing else, and with a local IP address.

Does anyone have any idea of how I could solve my problem?

Thanks!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7