× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX2700 password

WillB
Tutor

EX2700 password

Hi there,

I have searched around on this page and others to find a seeminly common issue of trying to connect a wifi extender to the network. I have undergone factory reset; linked the extender to the router and everything works perfectly until the password is not accepted when trying to connect a device to the wifi network (xxx_EXT). Solutions previously provided include logging onto mywifiext, but this doesn't work if I can't log into the extender. Can someone please help?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Does it connect? Or is it asking for the wireless password? 

When its in factory settings, it shouldn't ask for a password for the wireless. 

It should only ask if its been setup or wps has been used prior. 

So try the factory reset option. 

You could also connect a pc/laptop to it via the ethernet port for setup. Just make sure to disable the wifi on the pc/laptop you use (if you do) so it doesnt' default back to that connection during setup. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you try factory resetting the extender (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on) and then using the installation assistant? don't use wps for setup. 

What firmware are you on? 

What router are you connecting it to?

Message 2 of 8
WillB
Tutor

I'm using the latest Vodafone hub with fibre. Can you pls advise me how I use the Installation assistant?

Message 3 of 8
WillB
Tutor

P.S. And yes...I have done the factory reset for 15 seconds.

Message 4 of 8
WillB
Tutor

Sorry - and finally, I understand that the installation assistant requires connecting to the extender on a device, but I can't do this because every time I try to connect it asks for the password. What am I missing?

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Does it connect? Or is it asking for the wireless password? 

When its in factory settings, it shouldn't ask for a password for the wireless. 

It should only ask if its been setup or wps has been used prior. 

So try the factory reset option. 

You could also connect a pc/laptop to it via the ethernet port for setup. Just make sure to disable the wifi on the pc/laptop you use (if you do) so it doesnt' default back to that connection during setup. 

Message 6 of 8
WillB
Tutor

boom! it worked. thankyou. very basic mistake - not pressing factory reset for long enough.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements