× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700

ex2700jm
Aspirant

EX2700

I just purchased the Netgear EX2700, it hasn't arrived yet though. Per the instructions for product from this link, https://kb.netgear.com/25533/How-to-install-the-EX2700-via-WPS it says to have the extender in the same room as the router is.

Generally, I thought that extenders could be put anywhere in a house. My purpose for getting an extender was to plug it in upstairs while our router is downstairs in the living room area. We are already experiencing a lack of signal upstairs. I have a Roku stick that cannot even connect to the wireless network, hence one reason why I'm getting the extender. 

Would I still see an improvement in signal even upstairs if I were to put the extender in the same room as the router, downstairs in the living room?

Thanks,

Jordan 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ex2700jm
Aspirant

Re: EX2700

I don't know how to delete my post, if it is even possible to do. I found the official manual for the product from the place I ordered it from. I found out that the product is only to be placed in the same room the router is in for the intial setup. After that part is complete, I can then move it to wherever the weakest signal is. That answers my question. My apologies.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ex2700jm
Aspirant

Re: EX2700

I don't know how to delete my post, if it is even possible to do. I found the official manual for the product from the place I ordered it from. I found out that the product is only to be placed in the same room the router is in for the intial setup. After that part is complete, I can then move it to wherever the weakest signal is. That answers my question. My apologies.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7