× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700

HNot
Tutor

EX2700

Hello, 

I have recently purchased the EX2700 wifi extender and have set it up correctly, the WPS and router LEDs are both solid green. However, when I try to connect my phone to the extended connection with the same password for my router, it says "incorrect password". I've tried multiple times in different locations, but still isn't working. Is there any way of getting around this?

Hopefully someone can help, thanks!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2700

what router are you connecting it to? 

have you tried installing it with the installation assistant and not using wps? 

WPS can get coded different between manufacturers and cause issues. If it does, thats when we recommend factory resetting the extender and installing with the assistant. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what router are you connecting it to? 

have you tried installing it with the installation assistant and not using wps? 

WPS can get coded different between manufacturers and cause issues. If it does, thats when we recommend factory resetting the extender and installing with the assistant. 

Message 2 of 6
HNot
Tutor

I am connecting it to a Technicolor router, I think with a modle number of DGA4231. 

I haven't tried using the installation assisstant but I can give it a go

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

let me know how the installation assistant goes

Message 4 of 6
HNot
Tutor

the installation assisstant worked perfectly!

Thank you

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it worked!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements