× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2800 won’t show up in wifi list

Ada3
Aspirant

EX2800 won’t show up in wifi list

I have the EX2800 not EX3110, but the 2800 did not show up in the model list. But when it is plugged in and powered on, I cannot find the SSID in the wifi list on my iPhone. It is plugged in about 3 feet away from the router and about 3 feet away from where I’m sitting. Why won’t it show up in my wifi list so I can continue with the connection process? And I tried factory resetting as well and no luck. Any input is appreciated.
Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2800 won’t show up in wifi list

A couple things. 

1. it probably doesn't pull up because you're in the nighthawk router forum and not extender forum. 

2. What are all the led's on the extender doing? (color, blinking, solid, etc)
3. when you factory reset, did you push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on? It should default to the netgear_ext ssid if you you successfully reset. 

4. did you try installing it using wps? Or just the installation assistant?

5. have you logged into the router to check to see if it was connected and what its IP address is? (can manage it with the ip address)

Message 2 of 5
Ada3
Aspirant

Oh no my apologies 😂 if you can’t already tell, I’m new here 😅 the power and wps leds are green and solid. I held the reset until the solid green power led went to solid red; it was about 8-9 seconds until that happened. I can’t connect via wps because my router doesn’t have that button. And no I have not logged into the router yet. How would I do that if I needed to? Thank you for your reply. And is there a way to move this post into the correct section?
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

what router do you have? 

Message 4 of 5
Ada3
Aspirant

Netgear AC1200
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors