× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 AC750 static IP for specific client while running AP mode

theraschis
Initiate

EX3700 AC750 static IP for specific client while running AP mode

Hi,

i run my EX3700/AC750 in AP Mode (bought Jan.'21). Its connected by LAN cable to my router with DHCP.

In AP mode i want to connect a wallbox by WLAN on 2.4Ghz band. This eGo wallbox requires a static IP, but this need to be entered in the EX3700 somewhere and i do not find a menu for that in the EX3700. Any other devices like cellphones should use DHCP.

Second: the wallbox cannot handle flexible MAC addresses, it should be connected using its firm MAC address. But again, no menue to set this up in the EX3700.

Any help greatly appreciated Smiley Very Happy, NETGEAR official support is not existingSmiley Sad

Tx, Joe

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 AC750 static IP for specific client while running AP mode

You'll find those settings in the router. In AP mode, the router is controlling dhcp.

Message 2 of 4
theraschis
Initiate

Hi, clear DHCP is set in the router. DHCP is set also in the EX3700 and also in the device i'd like to connect via this AP. Everything is set now to DHCP. The device's MAC address is visible in the EX3700, but NO IP address is assigned to it. In the router i have deactivated MAC address filtering and also configured some of the MAC addresses i have seen either from the device and also from the EX3700.

What is the EX3700 task when it is set as accesspoint and not as WLAN range extender ?

Is there a hidden configuration menue where i can set something that allows DHCP assignment?

My cell works and has internet access via the AP WLAN, a laptop which wasn't connected to my private network yet via WLAN, didn't work on the APs WLAN.  So obviously it has something to do with the devices MAC addresses which may probably no get tunnelled through the EX3700 (setup as accesspoint!).

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 4
NetworkPro
Aspirant

The "guru's" on this "forum" don't even understand basic networking concepts. 

I can't say it's on your model, but on some models and firmware versions there is an option on the Router/AP/Bridge mode

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7