× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 Access Point

IamHJ29
Follower

EX3700 Access Point

Hello, my name is Hunter and I want to setup my Netgear wifi extender as an access point for my ps4. When doing so, my router is downstairs while my ps4 is upstairs. I plug my extender into an outlet and then connect it to my router via ethernet cable. Then after setting it all up and connecting my ps4 to the extender before unplugging. After that, I unplug the extender and take it to where the ps4 is and connect the extender to the outlet and connect the ethernet from the extender to now the ps4. Now it won't let me connect to the access point. My question is, in order for the access point to work, do you have to keep it connected to the router at all times, or can you move it to another room once setup and use it as an access point wihtout it being connected to the router. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 Access Point

@IamHJ29 wrote:

Hello, my name is Hunter and I want to setup my Netgear wifi extender as an access point for my ps4. When doing so, my router is downstairs while my ps4 is upstairs. I plug my extender into an outlet and then connect it to my router via ethernet cable. Then after setting it all up and connecting my ps4 to the extender before unplugging. After that, I unplug the extender and take it to where the ps4 is and connect the extender to the outlet and connect the ethernet from the extender to now the ps4. Now it won't let me connect to the access point. My question is, in order for the access point to work, do you have to keep it connected to the router at all times, or can you move it to another room once setup and use it as an access point wihtout it being connected to the router. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out. 

Access point only functions with the extender hardwired into the router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7