× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX3700 Connected, No Internet - Worked For A Week

MattBoyd
Follower

EX3700 Connected, No Internet - Worked For A Week

Hi All,

Hoping there might be some ideas floating around that I've not seen yet after having a browse through similar threads.

I have a Technicolour TG582n router in my small bungalow. I bought the EX3700 Extender a week ago from Amazon to combat Wifi dead spots on the opposite side of the house.

Initial setup using WPS worked fine (although it didn't seem to take the existing password from the Wifi correctly - I had to login manually via the IP address for the extender showing on my router devices page and set passwords manually). Once this was solved all wireless devices in the house could login on both 2ghz and 5ghz bands and use the internet happily.

This continued for a week and then this morning I woke up to find that although all devices were still connected to the extender, they no longer have internet access through it. 'Internet May Not Be Available' for example on my Samsung Galaxy S8.

The main WIFI via the router works fine and the internet is active through that. The connection lights and status page on the extender indicate it's still connected, but my router devices page now shows the 'EX3700' as inactive and there's no internet on any devices connected to the extender.

I tried the obvious on & off again with no luck. I tried moving it closer to the router to reconnect easier with no luck. I've tried factory resets & re-setup using the same WPS method as last time with no luck, I've tried the same with manual browser setup with no luck, I've checked the router for MAC address filtering and there is none, I've tried rolling back to an older firmware version (before the current 1.0.0.76) with no luck, I've tried setting it up with a static IP address with no luck (though I'm no expert there)... I've tried everything I can think of and everything on these forums with... no luck.

I tried deleting the extender from my router 'devices' to see if it was re-acquired during setup, and through all of the above processes the extender thinks it's connected fine, but it has never re-appeared in that list at any point. I do have some new 'unknown' devices on that list with MAC addresses shown. It turns out those are the virtual MAC addresses automatically assigned to various Wireless devices I've connected to the extender (eg. Ipad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S8).

Essentially. it doesn't seem like this extender is capable of connecting to the router properly anymore... after only a week of use and no firmware updates during that period (only on initial setup), and no firmware updates to my router either... what on earth has happened?

If there are any more ideas out there it would be great to get some help.

Much appreciated,

Matt B

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 Connected, No Internet - Worked For A Week

it sounds like its a pretty new device. You do have 90 days of free support. And if you've only had it a week, it might have been a defective device or something defective that just took a little time to go wrong. It'd be worth talking to support and possibly getting an RMA going for it. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7