× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 DNS server isn't Responding

AGPacman
Aspirant

EX3700 DNS server isn't Responding

I have had a Wifi Range Extender model EX3700 for about a week now and the first 5 days it was working great. I had no problems with it.

Suddenly one night with no warning it just stopped connecting to the internet. I can still connect to the extender but the connection has no internet access.

When I troubleshoot the problem it tells me the DNS server isn't responding.

I know this is a problem with the extender as when I connect directly to the router I can get online with no problem. 

I have a BT Home Hub 5 router.

I know there are similar threads but nothing that seemed to work for me that I could find so any help would be appreciated. 

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX3700 DNS server isn't Responding

Hello AGpacman

I would make sure the extender has the latest Firmware and you may also want to factory reset the extender and set it up again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
AGPacman
Aspirant

Re: EX3700 DNS server isn't Responding

Thanks for the reply.

I have already got it working again. It was unusual as I had tried factory resetting it a couple of times with no luck but then for no apparent reason when I reset it the next day to try again it started working and I've had no problems so far.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7