× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 Extender Set-Up Can't be this difficult

DalePo
Aspirant

EX3700 Extender Set-Up Can't be this difficult

Hi All,

Tired & frustrated. Setting up an extender can't be this difficult. I have an old moldy Spectrum router connected to a Belkin 358 Wifi router that has no WPS button, so that option is out. Power light is green but no light on "Device" so when I go to the mywifiext-dot-net web site there is no set up button. This supposedly indicates the extender is not communicating with the PC because the PC is not connected to the internet. If I wasn't connected to the internet, I couldn't be typing this. What am I missing? Please help. TIA

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 Extender Set-Up Can't be this difficult

Try this. 

Factory reset the extender. Connect the pc directly to the extender via the ethernet cable. Make sure to disable the wifi on the pc connected to the extender so it doesn't default back to the wifi. Then try the setup process.  If it doesnt work, where in the process is it failing? 

Message 2 of 3
DalePo
Aspirant

Re: EX3700 Extender Set-Up Can't be this difficult

I was able to get it done last night after some assistance from customer service. Since my PC is not wireless, it could not connect with the extender. When I tried to do the set-up on my iPad, everything went smoothly. Nowhere in the instructions that I can find remind you that the PC you use for set up must be connected to the internet via WiFi, not hardline. That is where I got tripped up. 

Thanks you 😊

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7