× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX3700 Failing to connect to router

DaceCaldwell
Tutor

EX3700 Failing to connect to router

Hi there,
I just bought a range extender and it is not connecting to my router. It finds the network no problem, it is definitely in range (right next to it), password is correct, but does not connect. This is using the web browser set up. I also tried using the WPS button setup but no luck there either. The troubleshooting documents and FAQs I could find all just said "probably not in range" but that is definitely not the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Dace

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dace - Welcome to the Community! Would you mind providing the LED light status of the extender. You may refer to page 7 of the user manual.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX3700/EX3700_UM_EN.pdf

Furthermore, your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support with our support team which can be accessed using the link below.

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 2 of 7
DaceCaldwell
Tutor

Hi Christian - thanks for the quick response and sorry for my delay (I've been away).

I just re-tried and got the same result. I checked the extender and the lights for Power and Device were both solid green while the other lights were all off / blank.

Does that tell me I should do anything in particular? I don't understand why it can't connect to the router if the signal is "100%" and the password is definitely right?

Cheers

Dace

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dace - Thanks for getting back. Please try a factory reset on the extender by pressing down on the reset button for 15+ seconds and go through the setup instructions again. This has helped other users resolve the issue. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 7
DaceCaldwell
Tutor

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure I tried that already but I re-did it, following your instructions and got the same result. Same lack of connection to the router, same lights on the device itself. Is there anything else I can do to fix this? If there is nothing else I can do then I would like to know soon so I can return it and try a different extender.

Cheers

Dace

Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dace, 

I'd like for our support team to reaching out to you for further assistance. Please send me a message with your email address, phone number, and preferred contact time (including timezone). 

~Christian 

Message 6 of 7
DaceCaldwell
Tutor

Thans Christian, I just sent you a private message with my details.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7